Reload this Page >

Going to France 10/19...have a ? about TGV reservation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 09:46 AM
Andria

Since I'll be arriving in Paris on a Wed. am..do you think it is possible to get a seat on the TGV from CDG to Tours without making a reservation in advance? And I'll also be making reservations for the 24th (sunday) afternoon from Tours to CDG. I prefer to bypass Paris Montparnasse and take the TGV directly to and from the airport. Please let me know what you think. <BR> <BR>Andria

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 11:02 AM
anne

We've gotten our tickets upon arrival, and haven't had problems. I would think that a Wed.am would be relatively open, and that you'd be able to get your tickets easily. Good luck!

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 03:09 PM
Fran

If you really want a no smoking car, yu might better make the reservation ahead of time. That was the one problem we ran into with last minute reservations...being stuck with the smokers. <BR>

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 05:01 PM
Bob Brown

We went from Paris, Gare de Lyon, to Lausanne on the TGV last month. I tried making reservation on the SNCG website, but when I arrived at the train station to purchase my ticket, the confirmation information meant nothing to the agent. <BR> <BR>If you arrive on a Wed, I suggest you get the ticket as soon as feasible so you can get what you want in the way of non smoking cars. Otherwise, it gets thick. <BR> <BR>I do not believe any TGV trains serve Charles de Gaulle airport. As far as I know, only RER trains are available. <BR>TGV's leave from specific stations such as Gare Montparnasse, Gare de Lyon, etc. depending on where they are going. <BR> <BR>On a Sunday afternoon, I would definitely have a reservation. When we went to Vernon, so we could visit Giverny, the train from Paris to Rouen and back to Paris from Vernon was close to full. At least we got a non fumer. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 11:24 PM
joelle

I can confirm that there are TGV trains leaving from CDG railway station. However the direct connection to Tours (town center station)seems to offer only one train per day at 9.29 PM in the evening !!! But you can take a ticket from Roissy to St Pierre des Corps (nearby suburb of Tours) which offer a better schedule: 1.45 PM or 6.54 PM. Travel time is one hour and 40 minutes. <BR>Regarding Sunday afternoon, I would make a booking a bit in advance, since trains are generally full. <BR>

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 04:06 AM
Andria

I was hoping to make it a quicker transfer, but it looks like I'm going to take the RER to Montparnasse and then to Tours or St. Pierre. I don't want to waste four hours upon my arrival in Paris waiting for the train. Thanks for your input.

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 06:20 AM
joelle

Message for Andria: at what time are you supposed to land in Roissy, as luggage pick-up may take you some time, as well as the transfer to the railway station, depending wether you get to Roissy 1 or 2. Depending on the schedule, it may still be advisable to take the 6.54 PM train to St Pierre des Corps. <BR>

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 11:43 AM
Andria

I am supposed to arrive at 9:10 am. I'm hoping my flight will be on time. My goal is to get to Tours as quickly as possible. The problem is that I am meeting a friend in Tours and I don't know what time to tell her to meet me, since I have no way of knowing if my flight will be on time. I can't believe there's no trains from CDG to Tours in the morning. I might just go to Montparnasse. Do you have a schedule of trains leaving Montparnasse in the late morning and early afternoon? Thanks.

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 04:52 AM
?

?

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 04:26 AM
anyone

anyone

Old Oct 18th, 1999, 06:27 AM
joelle

I can confirm that the only trains (TGV) running on Tuesday, Oct. 19 from CDG Roissy station are at 8.55 AM, 1.45 PM and 9.29 PM... <BR>You will find many trains (TGV) from Montparnasse station with the following schedule: 10.45 AM, 12.25 PM, 2.05 PM and 3.25 PM. Some them go directly to Tours or to St Pierre des Corps (nearby suburb). <BR>