Reload this Page >

Going to Europe in November - Help me choose where to go

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 07:37 AM
Vicki

I'm planning a two-week trip to Europe in November of 2001 and need some advice on where to go. I've already been to England, Scotland, Wales and France (Paris, the Dordogne and Provence) several times, as well as to Lake Maggiore in Italy. I am going to be traveling with a friend who doesn't like cold weather and wants to make sure that we go somewhere that won't be cold (she thinks that 60 degrees is pretty chilly). <BR> <BR>I was wondering about Turkey, southern Italy or Greece. I would really prefer to go to Tuscany, but from what I gathered, it looks like November could be cold and rainy. What is everyone's recommendation? <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 07:46 AM
Linda

What about the south of Spain, Portugal, and then Gibraltar and a quick trip to Morocco.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 08:12 AM
elvira

Do southern Spain/Portugal **OR** Morocco (it's too wonderful a country to do as a day trip; it needs minimum two weeks).

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 12:50 PM
Vicki

I hadn't considered Spain and Portugal - not because I don't want to visit them, but because I have a yearning for Italy. However, thanks for the advice. I'll read up on them.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 03:29 PM
Marjorie

I went on a delightful 2 week tour of Spain last November. The weather was wonderful.The cuisine was excellent! Beautiful scenery, beaches, museums, castles, chuches, mosques, galleries, dinner shows, shopping, & nightlife. We had such a wonderful time, we plan to go back this fall/winter. Look into it.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 03:47 PM
charlene

Hi, I loved Budapest Hungary, reminds you of Paris. It is south and may be warm. Southern Italy or Greece may also be warm,or Turkey. Or how about southern France. Nice is wonderful and you can take a train to MonteCarlo and southern Italy, or go the other direction to Canne or St Tropez. Bon Voyage

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 03:52 PM
cruiser

How about a cruise from Istanbul, Turkey to Athens, Greece? You can get great rates in November. We did a 15-day cruise with Renaissance Cruises last November for about $1000 USD per person. It included a stop in Egypt and the weather was comfortable 70's.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 04:01 PM
Book Chick

Bob the Navigator, are you out there? You're really good with these kinds of questions. <BR>BC

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 06:01 PM
Vicki

Thanks for the good suggestions. I had thought about a Renaissance cruise and looked on the internet. Their prices aren't quite as good as what "cruiser" got last year - but it is still early. There is one from Istanbul to Barcelona, stopping in many lovely places that looks good. My friend recently went to Tahiti on a Renaissance cruise and really liked the ship. I've only done one cruise - to Africa - on a very upscale ship, and while it was fun, I really don't like dressing for dinner every night, etc. I understand that the Renaissance cruises are more casual, which sounds good. <BR> <BR>Thanks again for the advice. This forum is ruining me! I'm a consultant who travels about half the time (in the USA) and the other half of the time I'm in my office - supposed to be working. Checking on what is going on in this forum in just too tempting!

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 10:14 AM
Linda

Marjorie, what tour company did you use?

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 10:08 AM
Marjorie

Hi Linda! We used Trafalgar Tours for our delightful Spanish vacation.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Alyssa

I went to Turkey in June 1999. It was one of the best trips of my life. Every region offers something different. Istanbul is exotic & Middle Eastern feeling. Cappadocia is quiet, but the rock formations were outrageous-great for hiking. The Aegean Coast has more Greek ruins than Greece. Although parts may be chilly in November (especially Cappadocia), it should be comfortable for touring. One suggestion: don't try to drive there unless you have plenty of time. <BR> <BR>Southern Spain(Andalucia)is also a fabulous destination. We drove around Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla, Rhonda, & Marbella on a two-week trip in October & the temps were in the high 70s & 80s. <BR>Good Luck!