Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Going to be in Paris on 11/29/14? Free tickets. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/going-to-be-in-paris-on-11-29-14-free-tickets-1030037/)

Dejais Nov 13th, 2014 12:49 PM

Going to be in Paris on 11/29/14? Free tickets.

My husband and I were going to Paris and Dublin to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary in Nov/Dec, however due to an unexpected and sudden medical situation we had to reschedule the trip for March. I bought 4 tickets to see How to Become Parisian in One Hour with Olivier Giraud. It's a comedy show (in English) on 11/29 at 7 pm at the Theatre Des Nouveates. You can google him or You Tube the name to see what the show is about.

It breaks my heart but I am unable to use the tickets, have no one in Paris who can use them and travel insurance will not cover the cost. I thought perhaps someone on this forum might like them. They're etickets so I can just email them to you. I know it sounds crazy but consider it a pay it forward kind of gesture. These are the best seats and the tickets cost me $165. I expect nothing in return other than one day you pay it forward also.

And for the record, I have been on the forum for years. You can search my user name. You will see I am honest and trustworthy. I wouldn't want any one to think this is a scam.

So give me your best story on why I should give them to you and they'll be yours. I'll check back in a day or two for responses.

Safe travels everyone!

cocofromdijon Nov 13th, 2014 01:22 PM

How nice of you ! :)

cdwinell Nov 13th, 2014 01:27 PM

If you have not given them away, my son's dear girlfriend is studying in Paris and I am sure would be thrilled to do something without significant expense! Please let me know!

tuscanlifeedit Nov 13th, 2014 01:46 PM

My best story:

My oldest friend works nights at a call center and although the work is hard and she is in poor health, she really enjoys the people she works with. She tells me that they are a down to earth group of hard working folks who are just trying to make a few extra bucks.

This afternoon she told me about one of her co-workers who is taking his mother to Paris for Thanksgiving.

I know that my friend would be so happy to be the instrument of bringing something special to one of the people she works with, and I would be thrilled to participate in the effort.

There are just two going to Paris: the young man that works at the call center and his mother.

If you think we're worthy of two of the tickets, you can email me at elvis mom 2 0 0 2 at yahoo dot com

Thanks for the opportunity to do something nice.

cdwinell Nov 13th, 2014 03:19 PM

Please disregard my request. Enjoy your gift giving!

Dejais Nov 13th, 2014 03:47 PM

Okay, cdwinell. :)

Dejais Nov 15th, 2014 08:08 AM

Tuscanlifeedit...I will be in touch via email.

lincasanova Nov 15th, 2014 12:35 PM

such a nice gesture

cynthia_booker Nov 15th, 2014 01:53 PM

Four tickets, so it seems like the man and his mom AND cdwinell's son's girlfriend could all enjoy this wonderful treat. (If cdwinell withdrew because the others seemed so worthy, I mean. If cdwinell withdrew for other reasons, never mind.)

Dejais Nov 16th, 2014 05:33 PM

Tuscan...I emailed you but have not heard back.

Dejais Nov 20th, 2014 06:05 AM

Tuscan...thank you for getting in touch. I've emailed you two of the tickets. :)

I still have two left if anyone is interested.