Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

going 1st class in the eurostar but what about the baggage?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 04:21 PM
xx

My spouse and I will be going to Paris from london by the eurostar. We will have 3 suitcases so we would like to know if riding first class means we leave our suitcases somewhere or do we keep them next to us?

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Ben Haines

You keep them next to you, or at the end of the car. You carry them to and from the train by luggage cart: there is a lift for luggage carts at Waterloo.<BR><BR>Welcome to Europe.<BR><BR>Ben haines

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:57 PM
sandy c

hi xx,<BR><BR>this depends on what level of 1st class you are paying for. if you are talking about &quot;premium&quot; 1st class, that is something different. that is a package that includes a lot of other goodies.<BR><BR>on regular 1st class, you load your own suitcases, but there is a storage area as you enter the car. the price difference includes a meal and a larger seating area.<BR><BR>we traveled to paris from london and back on eurostar 1st class and felt the extra pounds were worth it, however i did notice that the 2nd class coach were really not bad (not like coach on airflights).

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:23 PM
janis

Three suitcases is an awful lot for two people. But if that is what you are taking, be prepared to schlep. The cases will not be next to you. They will be in an open baggage area at the end of the car. Everyone will be piling their luggage on top of each others.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:07 PM
boots

There are also overhead shelves that hold a reasonable sized bag. I usually put mine there rather than in the racks at the ends of the cars. The shelves are fairly high so might be difficult to lift a heavy bag.