Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > goat cheese farm and olive oil mill
Notices

goat cheese farm and olive oil mill

Feb 5th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

goat cheese farm and olive oil mill

Four of us will be visiting the Luberon region in late May and would like to visit a goat cheese maker with goats to see how their cheeses are made. We would also like to visit an olive oil mill. We know the oil mill will not be in production at that time of year,but would like to tour anyway. Has anyone visited either in the area around Loumarin? the Luberon area? Thanks in advance for your help.
Feb 5th, 2013, 11:34 PM

Hmmm... strangely enough can't seem to remember ever having seen signs for a goat farm around Lourmarin. I'm thinking there must be some nonetheless. Try emailing the Tourist Office in Lourmarin, they'd know for sure.

There are plenty further north, particularly around Apt and then further east and north. The ones we love to visit are kind of difficult to find and I'm sure don't have websites. But once again, the Tourist Office in Apt would be a big help.

For olive oil, the mill in Cucuron produces the best stuff in the Luberon.

- Kevin
Feb 7th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Kevin. I followed your suggestion and received the names of Oliversion and Moulin Dauphin in Cucuron (oil mills) and LaCabriole in Saignon and Le Mas Du Bregalon in Rognes (goat farms). I am in the process of emailing the oil mills and I'll have to call the goat farms for they do not seem to have websites or email addresses from the Tourist Office. Merci, again.

Search this Thread