We will be in Glasgow for two nights in late June, ending our two-week trip to England and Scotland. Our last full day in Britain will be on a Rabbies tour of Oban and the Highlands before we fly back home the following morning.
I’m seeking dining suggestions for these two Glasgow nights. Before our arrival in Glasgow we will have stayed two nights at Traquair house near Innerleithen, but that’s the only exposure to Scottish dining during our trip until we reach Glasgow.
We’re not looking for Michelin places. Rather enjoy pubs, locally owned restaurants, also enjoy South Asian food. We’re staying at the Premier Inn on West Nile St. and we would prefer to walk (30 minutes or so from the hotel is fine), not take cabs. (Unless the best Scottish pub in the world is a cab ride from West Nile Street, then we’ll do it!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 2 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 8 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 9 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 10 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 15 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 18 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 23 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 paris to london- day trip