We are fine-tuning plans for our trip to Britain in June 2016 and now I am looking at the last part, a very brief time in Glasgow.
For those of you who are Mackintosh fans, if you had time to visit just one or two buildings, what would you suggest?
The School of Art, according to its web site, is still giving tours and they have created what they call “an extraordinary model” of the library which was gutted by fire in 2014. Has anyone taken this tour?
And what about the House for an Art Lover, built in 1996 following his 1901 designs. It sounds terrific. Has anybody visited this?
Thanks as always for your opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 4 Wierd Europe map
- 5 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 6 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 9 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 12 Transportation in Brittany
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 18 Milan airport--which one
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 family trip to Germany and more
- 25 Trains - website?