Glasgow airport to Sauchiehall Street?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me the easiest/ most economical way to journey from the airport to my hotel on Sauchiehall St? Not opposed to a cab if the price is reasonable but was wondering if there's a quick, easy bus or train that I can jump on...
Thanks so much in advance for your replies!
Kelly
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 07:25 AM

Depends on whether you are flying into Glasgow International or prestwick? If Glasgow Int then there is a CityLink coach service which is quick and not expensive - I think it drops off near Sauchiehall Street but will go to the Bus Station which is only a short walk anyway. If flying into Prestwick then you need to hop on the half hourly train into Glasgow central station, again only a short walk or taxi ride.

If you visit www.downtowncitymaps.com there are links to the CityLink website. Worth picking up one of these maps anyway as it will get you round the city really easily.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 07:27 AM

Also worth checking out the glasgowcard website, it has free discount coupons which will save you money while in town. www.glasgowcard.co.uk
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 07:32 AM

Depending on which part of Sauchiehall Street you are staying in but the easiest and cheapest way is to take the bus into St Vincent Street and walk one block to Sauchiehall St. Journey is 20 minutes and costs (depending on which bus company) are from £4.50 single to £6.90 return.

Have a look at www.citylink.co.uk and www.firstgroup.com Their timetables and routes are available to show you the routes etc and you can see which is nearest your hotel.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 08:19 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You posted this twice (to find your threads, click on your name) - basically, as already said we need to know WHICH airport, and where on Sauchiehall Street.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 08:26 AM

Canuck-I assume you are coming into Glasgow International (GLA) -if so, just go to their website, and the "to and from the airport" section, it will give you all the bus schedules, and taxi fares to the City Center.

www.glasgowairport.com
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 09:20 AM

If you are going into Glasgow International airport (just next to Paisley) the cheapest and easiest way is taking the bus. Regular services from outside the terminal building. Take the bus to Buchanan Street station which is near to Sauchiehall Street. Sauchiehall Street is a long street and I will bet your hotel is down the west end. There a plenty of buses going that way from St.Vincent or Argyle Street.
Check out the map at:
http://www.bluecarhire.com/nonrental...t=0&id=112
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:35 AM

I am flying in to Glasgoew Airport and would like to be transported to sauciehall street north west.