Glascow airport hotel

Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:33 AM
Barbara

Glascow airport hotel

Can anyone recommend a hotel at the airport for our last night in Scotland? We will probably not have a car.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:12 AM
janis

If you do not care about "ambience" and just want a clean convenient place to stay at the airport - you can't go wrong with the Travel Inn.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:23 AM
rob

Hi Barbara -

I would strongly recommend staying in the city, which is really great. Your hotel can arrange for a cab to meet you at any time, day or night. I had a VERY early flight and made it from the city to the airport with time to spare.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:24 PM
kate

A few years ago I spent my last night in Scotland at a hotel that was attached to the Glasgow Airport. I had a rental car, so I checked in to the hotel, dropped my bags, then drove to the rental car depot (they offered free pick up/drop off service to/from the airport). The best thing was I didn't have to cart luggage with me, plus it was very convenient for my next day early morning flight. At that time it was clean, modern and impersonal (typical airport hotel), and part of the Forte chain. The hotel is now owned by Holiday Inn Express.
The website is:
www.sixcontinentshotels.com

copied from their website:
A new Express by Holiday Inn - Glasgow Airport . Winner of the New-comer of the Year Award for 2001. The hotel is only 2 minutes walk to the Terminal Building with covered walkway access and airport trolleys at front door to make an early start or a late return really easy knowing that you are only a couple of minutes to the airport Check In desks.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 03:25 AM
maryp

Definitely stay in the city your last night, even if you have an early flight. Citylinks bus will get you to the airport for a few pounds and a cab ride is about 15 pounds and takes twenty minutes or less. There is so much to do in Glasgow at night and it is a walking city so you can get to the restaurant or pub of your choice with little effort. Why spend your last night in a generic hotel (you could be anywhere) when you can absorb a few more hours of the most delightful people in the world?