I'm going to be in Paris for a week with a friend in August, and then traveling by myself from Paris to Granada, Spain over the course of a week before I begin my studies in Granada. I'm thinking of possibly taking an overnight train from Paris to Madrid and then take the bus from Madrid to Granada, but I've heard some pretty worrying things about taking overnight trains, especially since I will be by myself and since I am a 20 year old girl.
Would you consider it safe if I took an overnight train from Paris to Madrid? Any suggestions for keeping safe? What would be some safer alternatives? I've been looking up flights and stuff, and most of them don't arrive until after dark, I feel like it'd be safer to travel overnight and arrive in the morning rather than arrive in the middle of the night. Should I do the trip in legs instead? (like stop somewhere and spend the night?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 First time in Spain
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Paris Apartment
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 two days in Nice
- 10 Milan airport--which one
- 11 New fast track
- 12 Packing Champagne
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 15 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 16 Once upon a time in Italy
- 17 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 18 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 19 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 london or amsterdam
- 22 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 23 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 24 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 25 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma