Gifts for French Family?????

Mar 29th, 1998, 10:39 AM
kam

Gifts for French Family?????

Please help me decide what hostess gifts to take to a French family, living in Toulouse. The mom and dad are easy, but what about a 14year old girl and her 11 year old brother? Am already taking Stanford shirts, but what else?? Also, for 2 teenage boys who live in Paris??? Thanks.

Mar 29th, 1998, 01:46 PM
Arizona

Audio CDs are welcome, much cheaper here than there, and so easy to carry. Videos are a problem because a different electronic system is used in America than in Europe; the videos are not compatible. Sweat shirts, T-shirts -- both good for kids. When visiting friends in Denmark, Scotch whisky was their choice because of enormous taxes imposed on it by their government.

Mar 29th, 1998, 04:43 PM
kam

Thanks, Arizona, but here's the real test---what CDs for these ages????? I'm not in touch with the young teen tastes at all anymore! Thanks again

Apr 7th, 1998, 11:01 AM
Lidia

Well all my relatives in France in the teen years like T-shirts hats and sweatshirts most of them with sports emblems such as Chicago Bulls are big over there. and also they like anything New York. and as the others were saying music

Apr 8th, 1998, 12:58 PM
Lynn

Just had a french family here. Teenagers loved anything to do with Levis(ie t-shirts)