Things are heating up as usual between Spain and British-owned (but locally autonomous) Gibraltar and now Madrid is considering a 50 euro fee to just enter this backwater that Spain claims should be its territory and not Britain's.
So if thinking of Gibraltar you may not only have to pay to enter but also go through long waits at Customs to leave as Spanish authorities, the article says, are meticulously searching leaving folks for cigarettes and tobacco - which are much cheaper on the Rock than just across the frontier in Spain - see the astounding number of cigarettes imported into Gibraltar - enough to have every man woman and child puffing constantly day and night.
Gibraltar is one of the very most fascinating places I have been but I'm not sure I would have forked over 50 euros to see this few-square mile of Rock - though the tail-less apes may make it all worthwhile!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FOR TEC*H SUP0RTT 1800-681}-7208 INSTALLATIONS ISSUES CONTACT CARE beचुआ
- 2 Sleep at Heathrow
- 3 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 4 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 5 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 6 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 7 Keukenhaf
- 8 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 11 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 12 Netherlands- Texel
- 13 9 Day trip itinerary west and northern ireland
- 14 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 15 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 19 9 day trip to France
- 20 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 21 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 22 England
- 23 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 24 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 25 US dairy vs European Dairy