Getting to Rome Airport from Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Rome and Florence at the end of May. First 4 nights in Rome, then 4 nights in Florence. We are flying out of Rome at 10am. I am trying to check out train schedules, but do you think we should get a VERY early start from Florence the day we fly out or should I not risk it and just head back to Rome the night before we fly out? I am trying to keep in mind that we need to be at the airport by 8am, how far from Rome Termini to airport?
Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:42 PM

Easy solution--reverse your cities--start in Florence and end in Rome. It is done often to avoid your problem.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:43 PM

I would definitely go the night before. Maybe do three nights in Rome, 4 in Florence and then have your last hurrah in Rome? It's a 2 hour train from Florence to Rome. You want to get to the airport a min. of 2 hours before your flight. You'd be leaving Florence before 5 am (if there's even a train that leaves that early).

From Termini to the airport, by train is 30 minutes. It cost 9,50 euro per person. Depending on how many of you there are, and how much luggage, you might prefer a taxi. Mine was only 37 euro.
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.
Since hotel in Rome is already booked, we will keep the sequence but head back the night before we fly out. Any suggestions for a hotel near the airport? We will only be there to sleep one night.
Old May 8th, 2004, 04:44 AM

There is a 7 am Alitalia flight every day from Florence to Rome that might be the best solution for you (see caveat below). You should be able to check your luggage all the way through to your international flight. The flight takes an hour, so that will give you plenty of time to make your international flight. (You may even be able to check in to the international portion in Florence, depnds on your airline.

I would note that Alitalia is in the midst of yet another crisis and strike situation, so you may need to monitor this, and get refundable tickets in the event they strike or go bankrupt before or during your trip.
Old May 8th, 2004, 04:53 AM
ira

Hi MV,

I suggest that you stay the night before at any Rome hotel that appeals to you.

Have your hotel arrange for a taxi to the airport. This should be about 50E.