My husband and I will be in Italy for 8 nights in mid-September, its a last minute trip so I'm scrambling to choose an itinerary - so many options! We would like to split our time between 2 destinations and Piemonte has been on our list for awhile, we like smaller towns as a base and Alba looks right up our alley.
My question is, if flying in from the US, is it a terribly long day to get a rental car and drive directly to Alba upon landing, or would a night in Milan be recommended? Same goes for departure - are there international airports (Turin? Milan?) we can fly out of after staying the night in Alba, or is an overnight pre-departure a must?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Online + 1800/681/7208 Password recovery CONTACT AOL tec*h SUP0RT 24by7
- 2 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 3 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 4 Driving
- 5 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 6 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 7 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 8 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 9 Change of resident
- 10 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 11 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 12 The World's Greatest Churches
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 16 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 19 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 20 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy