Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Getting to Majorca -- preferably from Italy, but if not, from Barcelona?

Getting to Majorca -- preferably from Italy, but if not, from Barcelona?

Mar 9th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Getting to Majorca -- preferably from Italy, but if not, from Barcelona?

Hi! We're planning a European trip, starting in Paris. We can fly cheaply from there to Pisa, so we'll rent a car in Pisa and tour the Tuscany region and then Rome (we'll turn in the car when we get to Rome). From Rome, we'd like to end our last 4 or 5 days on Majorca (been there and love it).

I'm having a hard time finding a good way to get to Majorca.

If we can't get to Majorca easily from Italy, is there another place (maybe the south of Spain) that is comparable? Our teenagers will want to just veg out in a nice, tropical place after we've been touring and sightseeing. (Well, my husband and I would enjoy that, too!)

Thanks for any help.
Mar 9th, 2005, 06:03 AM

Samsaf - When are you going?

There are currently no direct scheduled flights - though I'm sure there will be holiday flights in the summer between Rome and Palma.

The budget airline Vueling flies Rome-Barcellona with fares starting at around € 45 + tax/ fees.

http://www.vueling.com/

RyanAir fly Rome-Gerona and Rome-Valencia - so you might be able to connect to Palma from there.

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Mar 9th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

I'm planning far ahead -- end of May, first of June, 2006. I'm recovering from some unexpected surgery, and so I've planned several of our future trips!

We're not positive we want to go to Majorca, but we would like some sort of tropical, resort-ish ending to the vacation.

We'll keep checking on flights. Meanwhile, do you have any other ideas on where to end our vacation?

We'll be using frequent flier miles, and we can fly open jaw, into Paris and out of wherever. We know that we want Paris and Rome, just not sure what else.

Search this Thread