I am arriving into Frankfurt Main Airport on 12.08.2012 at 7:00 a.m. and need to procced to the long distance railways station.
Is it easy to find? I am told FRA is like a maze...can i find the fernbahnof by the signs, if they are in english that is...
I am visiting friends in Kassel and my friend tells me that he's gonna send me an online ticket? is that advisable as i presume i might be asked for the credit card and stuff. (Am afraid since i dont use credit cards, i prefer a debit card) am not in a postion to buy the ticket online myself.
On the other hand is it ok/easy to get the ticket from the station itself by using debit card or cash? I dont speak German at all except for the greetings. Will they understand me if i tell them that i'd like to buy a direct ticket to kassel-wilhelmshohe..i guess the ticket costs somewhere around 60 euros - more or less
I'd prefer to take the 8:42 h direct to Kassel, i.e. provided i get to the long distance station on time ( I land at 7 a.m. from Doha/Qatar) if not then i guess the next one is at 10:42 h.
I hope details like platform number, train number etc will be mentioned on the ticket and i am told i may get on any of the berth and sit on any seat not reserved.
I'll appreciate your advise and additional tips. I am travelling to Europe for the first time hence a bit jittery. Am an Indian living in the middle east.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 7 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Current plan for March trip
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Spain in 2018
- 15 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 21 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 25 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.