Road trip to Italy

Search

Road trip to Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road trip to Italy

We are going to be in Italy for 3 weeks and would like to see the Lakes and Amalfi coast or beach resort.

We are travelling with a 4 year old.

We don't need to see any cities as we have been there before.

Is this feasible? What are best places to stay (rent apartment/hotel/ ect) or any advice that can be offered, would be great.

Thank you
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
well of course it's feasible to do a road trip in Italy for 3 weeks, with or without a child, and not wanting to go to any cities will definitely help.

however, I think that to give you some useable advice, we need to know a little more ie when are you going to be travelling, what is your budget, what are you interested in, how will you be getting to Italy ? etc. etc.

with 3 weeks you could of course see three of the places in your question - a week in/near each in an apartment or villa ought not to be too much of a problem. [but wouldn't be much fun in February!]

BTW, i suggest pressing the yellow triangle and asking the moderators to remove the trip report symbol that you've attached to this thread, as it will confuse other posters.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Yes - I was looking forward to a trip report too! - Please have that report sybol removed.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Sorry not sure how to remove trip report symbol?

Arrive August 17 - Sept 2. We have about 2000GBP to spend. We are flying from the UK. We hope to fly into a airport close to the lakes, stay for a week and than drive down to the coast for another week and than fly back to the UK.
Wondering if they have campsites like Eurocamp, that supply everything you just turn up, or to stay in B&B, or flat?

We love food, meeting locals, walking, seeing the sites and the beach. I hope to attend some cooking classes if I can afford them.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry not sure how to remove trip report symbol?>>

press the yellow triangle, and when the box pops up, use it to e-mail the moderators to ask them to take the "trip report" symbol away.

ok, carrie - Aug 17 -Sept 2 is just over 2 weeks, not 3. which airport will you be flying out of? you might be able to get a flight into Verona, which is quite close to Lake Garda. eurocamp, keycamp and others like Thomsons all seem to have places on the lakes, they even crop up on trip advisor, but there are also apartments and B&Bs.

you don't have to go as far as the Amalfi to find beaches - they stretch down both italian coasts, but will be very busy that time of year. if you chose a west coast resort like Viareggio you could fly home from Pisa; go further south, and you could fly home from Rome.

google would be a good place to start looking for cookery classes, once you've decided where to stay.