Getting from Rome Airport (FCO) to Hotel Serena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are flying into Rome airport (FCO) in the evening and I was wondering what is the best transportation to Hotel Serena which is in central Rome. There are 3 of us. Also, on another note - My cousin in Rome has a 5 year old girl and I would like to bring her something "american" as a gift. It can't be too expensive and has to fit in carry-on luggage. The only thing I can think of is a "Phillies" shirt. We live near Philly. Any ideas??
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 01:45 PM

Well, your hotel is steps from Termini train station. Train tickets are 11E each or 33E for the three of you. A driver is about 40E so the train is a little cheaper. I would certainly take the train if you arriving in the morning during rush hour. I would get a driver if you have lots of heavy luggage. Otherwise it's a tossup.

I think a 5 yo might like a book or something more than a Phillies shirt. Maybe a toy from teh art museum although I wouldn't worry about making it a Philly related gift. I don't think the tyke will appreciate the Philadelphia connection.
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 01:52 PM

I would find out if the child has any special interests and buy an American item in that category. I know you probably want to surprise your cousin, but pleasing the child will please everyone.

An U.S. soccer team shirt might have more meaning than baseball to a child in Italy. A book seems like a good idea--compact, too.
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 09:55 PM

To get into town from FCO you have a few options. Ride the Leonardo Express, ride the FR1 to Ostiense and switch trains (no fun with luggage!), take a cab in (€40) , or arrange a private shuttle (€45-50). As suggested above, with the proximity of hotel, the Leonardo Express may be your best best....

These links may help you find your way to the Airport train station and offer some tips on the riding the trains in:

FCO Train Station - http://www.roninrome.com/2009/04/23/...tation-at-fco/
Riding Trains in Italy - http://www.roninrome.com/2009/03/10/...ains-in-italy/
Termini Station, Arriving by Train - http://www.roninrome.com/2009/02/27/...oma-termini-2/
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the information! I think we will try the train first.