getting from naples airport to capri

Jan 13th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

getting from naples airport to capri

Can anyone tell me how they did it how long it took and how much it cost fromt he airport to capri
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

I actually mean Naples train station not the airport
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:43 PM

Take a taxi from the train station to the seaport terminal. Catch the ferry to Capri. Can't be much for the cab fee, and I don't remember the ferry fee, but it wasn't outrageous.
Jan 13th, 2004, 07:35 PM

Taking a cab from the train station should not be a problem -- it's not far and shouldn't be too expensive. As I remember, the cabbies have a set price for journeys from the train station to the ferry dock, or from the airport to the ferry dock. Make sure your cabbie shows you this information in advance, or uses his meter. Unfortunately, on my honeymoon, weak from jetlag, I learned this lesson the hard way.
Jan 14th, 2004, 06:05 AM
GAC

There is also a bus from the train station to Piazza Municipio, close to the Ferry Terminal (Molo Beverello). However, the cab ride is very short and the fare low, so it's probably not worth the hassle of dealing with the bus. The car ferry to Capri costs about 6 Euros; the hydrofoil double the cost and nearly half the time. I would take the ferry for better seaworthiness and better panoramic views from the open top deck. See schedules and rates at www.caremar.it