Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

getting from dublin airport to Christchurch place

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I are going to Ireland in May. We would like an inexpensive way to get from Dublin airport to our hotel on Christchurch place. I cannot find any train service and can't figure out the bus schedule? looks like we would probably have to change buses. Any suggestions? or maybe a travel service from the airport to downtown Dublin.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:53 AM

You could take the Aircoach to Trinity College and then make the 10-15 minute walk west from there. http://www.aircoach.ie/ or you could catch a cab from Trinity. It would be a short ride.

Bill
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

thanks-do you know of any way to get an interactive map? Would like to find something like Mappy, but haven't been able to find one for Ireland.
Thanks
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:14 AM

I'd go with the Aircoach suggestion but be a bit cautious about the taxi: many drivers dislike short trips and will let you know that they do. A few can be very unpleasant about it.

If the walk is too much, there are service buses from College Green that go past Christchurch. I don't remember what route numbers. Just find a stop on the left (with your back to Trinity) and ask anybody waiting there if the bus goes that way.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:17 AM

viamichelin and aaroadwatch are the two most people use in Ireland, but I don't think they are particularly interactive.

By the way, Siobhan or cailin will probably have good info on regular bus service as they are locals. The Aircoach is slightly more expensive, but pretty convenient.

Bill
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

thanks-I think that helps
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 07:19 AM

You could take this bus and ask them to drop you on the Quays beside the liuffey river. You then would have to walk up 2 blocks to get to Christchurch place. its 6.00 euro ea. or take the Air Coach to Trinity College and then hop across the road to the middle sction facing trinity and there is a taxi rank and they will take you the 5 minute drive to Christchurch.r