Reload this Page >

Getting from Belfast to St. Andrews to London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 05:05 AM
Sandy

We need to get from Belfast to St. Andrews--three adults w/ two sets of golf clubs plus luggage. Then, we need to get from St. Andrews to London. What would you recommend as means of travel? Thanks for sharing any suggestions and personal experiences. Sandy

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:53 AM
John

Hi Sandy,<BR><BR>Suggest you look at Easy Jet airline flight schedules.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:23 PM
Sandy

Thanks, Checked it out....<BR>Easy Jet works Belfast to Edinburgh and to London.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:22 PM
Nigel Doran

Make sure you scrutinise easyJet's rules about what you can take on board/put in the hold. They can be very strict. Ryanair.com is also very strict. <BR>ba.com might help too. They will fly into Heathrow or Gatwick. EasyJet and Ryanair use airports that are more out of the way. Eg. EasyJet uses Luton and Stansted (and also Gatwick, but only for a few flights) both of which will require a 30-40 minute train ride into the city. (Don't take the coach from either airport as it will take for ever.) The lighter you pack, the easier you'll find taking public transport to and from the airport.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:16 PM
Sandy

Thanks for the tip, Nigel. I hadn't thought about luggage restrictions, and we will be dragging along two sets of clubs!! Sandy

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:55 AM
curt

Also might check out RyanAir for flights. I know they serve Edinburgh to Dublin but don't know about Belfast. We have used RyanAir and were quite happy with their service. They are nice and cheap also.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:13 PM
Sandra

thanks, I'm online now checking them all. sandy