My husband and I (who reside in Canada) are travelling to Spain at the end of April 2012 for three weeks.
There is a lot of helpful information to be found in the forum topics but I have two questions that I'm hoping to get some advice on.
1) We were thinking of staying in Malaga for a week, and using the city as a base to vist nearby destinations like Ronda, Gibraltar, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, etc. Is this feasible? We'd probably rent a car to visit the surrounding area but I just want to make sure that Malaga is a good base.
By the way, if it is a good location then does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel... with free wifi?
2) I have read that it isn't wise to rent a car in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona but I have also read that with the exception of the high speed trains, train travel in Spain isn't the quickest or most economical way to get around. Is this true? If so then any suggestions for travelling around Spain... that also isn't too costly?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password reset Contact 1888~260 2909 YAHOO Tec*h sup0rt care 24by7
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Real Estate in Andalucia
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 10 days in europe
- 7 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 8 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 9 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 10 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 11 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 12 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 13 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 14 Trans Siberian Train
- 15 Greece during Easter week or August
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 18 The World's Greatest Churches
- 19 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 20 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 My France Vacation
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland