Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Getting a Water Taxi during Festa Del Redentore

May 6th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

We were planning on walking up to the counter at the airport on a Sunday morning and ordering a water taxi, however, we are arriving on the Sunday of a festival. Is it advisable to still walk up to the counter when we arrive or will we have a more difficult time with water taxis if the boat regattas are taking place that day? Anyone have any experience arriving in Venice during a festival? Your advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

Also, I've read that the regattas take place in the afternoon but have no idea when. I was thinking we would hopefully be checking in by 12:30, have lunch and still be able to see the regattas after lunch-hopefully it will still be going on or starting after 3? Will we be able to see it from the main island?
May 20th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Well I found last year's program. This year's has not posted yet and the regattas took place at 4 which I am happy about. I have not read anything that would indicate water taxi for the 6 of us would be an issue so for now I just plan to walk up to the counter and per book it.
May 20th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

"Pre- book"
May 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM

I think much would depend on where your hotel is located. If you already have a hotel in mind, I would ask their advice.
May 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

I tried, didn't get a response yet via email. Will try calling soon. Great suggestion.