Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Getting a taxi from Naples airport to Sorrento late at night??

Aug 12th, 2002, 07:15 AM
April

It's me again!

Does anyone know an approx. price for a taxi to Sorrento from Naples airport late at night (a little before midnight)? I hope I won't need it but there is a very real possibility that I will not be able to catch my connection on London on time due to British Airways rescheduling and might not get to Naples till really late.

Thanks,

April

Aug 12th, 2002, 07:28 AM
GAC

This is something to avoid. It is far preferable to make arrangements with your hotel in Sorrento to have a trusted limo driver wait for you at the Naples airport, rather than take the first taxi waiting in the queue. If you do take a taxi, you will feel better if you find two other women from your flight also going to Sorrento, willing to share the ride (it's not dangerous going alone, merely an issue of "feeling" more secure).

Aug 12th, 2002, 07:40 AM
April

I don'r really have the choice to plan it ahead. I hope to make my connnection in London and be to Naples by lunch but if my incoming flight is at all late I probably won't make the connection, then and only then would I get to Naples late. As you can see I cannot go ahead and make arrangements to have a driver there. I am also staying at a small cheap hotel and I doubt they even have a driver.

I guess I still just need to know an approx. price for the taxi. It would be nice to find someone the share the ride but I doubt the chances of us have 2 other people on our flight going to Sorrento that time of night in late November are very high.

Thanks again,

April

Aug 12th, 2002, 08:52 AM
GAC

I fully appreciate your predicament! I guess that the taxi fare should be around 70 Euros one way, maybe a little less. The vast majority of passengers on the LGW/NAP run on BA are either Italians returning home, or British taking holidays in Sorrento!!!!!!!! However, many of the passengers going to Sorrento may have arrangements for private drivers at the Naples airport.

Aug 12th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Hiho

Are you heading back to the airport early the next morning to make a connection?? (its unclear to me in your post) If so, why not stay in Naples - the downtown is close to the airport, and a taxi would not cost much.

Aug 12th, 2002, 12:09 PM
April

I am staying in Sorrento for 5 nights and then heading to Rome for a few nights. My connection I am afraid I will not make is in London early in the AM and if I don't make it, the next flight to Naples on British Airways is not until night. Everything was ok until British Airways decided to change the time of the flight by moving it from 10:05 to 7:15. Needless to say my layover was severly shortened.

Thanks,

April

Aug 12th, 2002, 12:26 PM
GAC

How about flying BA to Roma Fiumicimo instead, and then taking the train to Naples/Sorrento?

Sep 5th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Sheila

April - We are flying BA from London to Naples and have a 3:25pm flight which gets in at 7:10pm. Is it possible to catch that flight instead of the later flight?