I am travelling next weekend to the UK for 2 weeks and will spend time all over England and Scotland
I land at Heathrow terminal 4 on the 21st at 11:30 am and then I have a train to Edinburgh Waverley at 4 pm from Kings Cross. I plan to travel by tube from the airport to Kings Cross station - i believe Picadilly Line runs straight
I have an unlocked phone and I plan to buy a local prepaid SIM with data for use over the 2 weeks - Since I plan to use Google maps etc and I will be on the road a lot, I will probably use a fair amount of data (2-4 GB)
What is a good SIM for me to buy? And more importantly, what is a convenient place for me to pick it up? Heathrow? Kings Cross? Or will i have to wait till i reach Edinburgh?
I can see there is an outlet of SimLocal at 3 arrival terminals at Heathrow, but unfortunately not at Terminal 4
Appreciate any suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Austria
- 2 Valentine Day Gift for Girlfriend 2018
- 3 bodyweight reduce applications
- 4 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 5 Le Marche Research Help
- 6 Help with Venice Trip?
- 7 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 8 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 9 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 10 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 11 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 12 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 13 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Greece in end October
- 16 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 20 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 21 Favorite London memories
- 22 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste