Hello Fodors Family,
I come to you for suggestions and ideas regarding a trip to Germany in June. First a little about us... My husband and I are in our early 40's and we have 2 girls ages 10 and 7. We are all seasoned travelers and are comfortable moving around in europe by train, foot and car. We've been to Prague, scotland, Austria, England and a whole host of other countries in Europe. We live to travel and do an annual trip if we can afford it. We like the unbeaten path and a enjoy creature comforts considering the kids are with us. We typically stay in apartments( easy to make meals if needed) plus more space, B&B and on occasion hotels if no option or if its a short visit. We have driven in Austria before but this trip the hubby and I have decided to train instead.
So Here is the Itinerary:
Fly into Berlin- 4 nights( very late night arrival on the first day)-possible day trip somewhere close an option.
Train to Bamburg- 1 or 2 nights?
Train to Nuremberg- 1 0r 2 nights?
Train to Fussen- to see the castles mainly- not sure how many nights 1 or 2?
Train back up to Munich for 3 nights and fly out
Need help determining who long in each place. we have a total of 12 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Trans Siberian Train
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 South of France
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
Hello Fodors Family,