I am back with another Germany train question. I want to travel from Olbernhau-Grunthal to Munchen on Wednesday December 21. Since the schedules are not yet open, I searched on Wednesday December 7, and found these options for 3 people traveling.
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:00 3 RB, RE, RE, ICE 67,00 EUR
München Hbf 16:38
Olbernhau-Grünthal 10:38 6:38 2 RB, RE, ALX 60,00 EUR
München Hbf 17:16
Do I understand correctly that I can either book the journey including an ICE train in advance for E67 and be commited to that exact schedule, OR buy the Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket for a weekday, leave anytime after 9am on any local transport for E60.
Are the Quer-durchs-Land-Tickets limited, or may they be bought at the station as you leave?
Do you need to specify the date to be used when purchased, or can a I just buy a ticket and then use any day? I see on the DB webiste that they may be bought in advance, but I am not sure if you need to specify the day to be used at the time of purchase.
Thanks again for your information and expertise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [email protected] 1800:570:1233 Password Reset CONTACT Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 8 land vs river cruise
- 9 South of France
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 12 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 My France Vacation
- 17 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 18 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 22 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 23 Malaga Christmas lights
- 24 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 25 Your favorite London streets for strolling?