There is no word yet as to how border control will now operate in German, especially along some its southern borders, and it may be that other countries will soon follow suit in opting out of the Schengen treaty for some unknown period of time. If nothing else, expect longer lines at passport control entering and exiting airports, and on trains -- and there is now disrupted train service in several parts of Europe.
So watch the news.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Internet Cafe in Rome, Florence, and Venice
- 3 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 4 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 5 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 6 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 7 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 8 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 9 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 18 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 25 Paris November 2017
Germany "temporarily" suspends Schengen. Follow the news re border checks