Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Germany, France Spain? Final Suggestions?

Jun 25th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

I am leaving for Dresden Germany, Paris France and maybe a trip to Barcelona on Sunday. I am just looking for any last minute suggestions before I leave on Sunday!! Chime in with whatever!!!
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:59 AM

I wish I knew how long you have to explore and how you are traveling as Barcelona is a little out of the way. Given the usuall 2 week sojourn, I might suggest 3 days in Dresden with a day trip to "Sachsen Schweiz" then 2 days in Leipzig before heading west towards Paris stopping at a few sites along the way (i.e Munich, Ulm, Strasbourg etc.). Allow a minimum of 4 days in Paris. Have fun!
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

Oooops sorry guess I should have clarified how long I would be in places! I am living in Dresden for a month and taking side trips to barcelona and paris on weekends!! Maybe that will help! Thanks for the tip about Leipzig i think i just might go there too! Train to Paris and flight to Barcelona... thanks!
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

None huh?? Well I am off tomorrow - I will write a report when I return - thank you to everyone who has helped me with past inquiries!
Jun 27th, 2003, 10:58 PM

not sure about two days in Leipzig, how about two hours - the town is blah. suggest day trips to Weimar, Erfurt and especially to Wartburg castle (in Eisenach), where Martin Luther had one of his devilish ephinaies, and Naumburg, a smaller town charmer. Leipzig I'd leave to last.
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:37 AM

Not going to Prague while you're over there? It's a quick trip from Dresden, and one of the favorite European cities of just about everyone I'v ever asked (never been myself). Take a look at doing that, while you're over there. Have fun!