I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 4 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 7 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 8 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 9 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 12 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 13 The World's Greatest Churches
- 14 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 15 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 18 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 19 Shall we Gdansk?
- 20 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 21 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 22 Best Greek Island
- 23 5 days in Andalusia
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?