My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 Driving
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 5 My France Vacation
- 6 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 7 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 8 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 9 Where to stay in Naples?
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 12 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 13 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 14 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 15 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 16 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 20 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 24 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour