my small family (2 adults and 2 kids of 4 and 8 years old) will be in Germany next summer. I've taken a good look ont seat61 website and we,re still debating if we should buy a rail pass or single tickets.
For now the only (but big) advantage would be to be able to hop on any train. Since we already know our itinerary (and booked all our lodging) we think that we could buy long travel ticket the day they became avaible (mid april).
heres' the train we will need to take:
1- Berlin to Dresden
2- Dresden to Nuremberg
3- Daytrips from Nuremberg (Rothenburg, Playmobil park, Bamberg)
4- Nuremberg to Salzburg
5 - daytrip from Salzburg (Berchtesgaden)
6- Salzburg to Munich
7- Munich to Cochem or Cologne (and the Cologne to Cochem)
8- daytrips from Cochem
9- Cochem to Luxembourg (fly back home )
Mots of the are not very long ride (except for Dresden to Nuremberg and Munich to Cologne (or Cochem). A rail pass would cost us 360 Euro for 5 days in one month. Of course ww could also take 3 days (314 Euro) 4 days (336 Euro ) or 7 days (445 Euro). Those prices are for second class.
What would you do ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WHATS-APP +1(403)814-1154 HIGH QUALITY UNDETECTABLE COUNTERFEIT
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 7 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 8 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 9 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 Current plan for March trip
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 Spain in 2018
- 16 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 22 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?