German Farmer's Markets

Search

German Farmer's Markets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German Farmer's Markets

Does anyone know of any farmer's markets in in/around Munich or Stuttgart in early April?
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:54 PM
rex

I'm guessing that there are others closer, but in Ulm there is a market every Wednesday morning.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 06:37 PM

The huge Victualienmarkt, just south of Marienplatz in Munich sells everything from flowers to cheese. It's a wonderful experience. There is also a daily market at Elisabethplatz in the Schwabing area, much smaller but comparable in prices and products.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 04:49 AM

hi there,<BR>in Stuttgart there is a big and nice market on Saturdays arround the &quot;Schillerplatz&quot; (right in the center). Daily You find a market in the markethall, not so origin, but also a nice place to have a coffee or a snack in one of the bars. Coming annother day to Stuttgart, there is a tourist info right at the main station, they will know every market in the surroundings. <BR><BR>have fun<BR>Gar
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:04 AM

On the Munich website there is schedule with the weekly markets, the times and days. It is in German, but it is relatively easy to understand. Check out the link.<BR>http://www.muenchen.de/grossmarkt/woma/index.html
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:40 AM

The market near the Marionplatz is wonderful. I had a great time stopiing at one booth for an apple, another for cheese, yet a third for a beer, and a fourth for bread to assemble a fun lunch! It drove my husband mad, but I thoroughly enjoyed the process and the lunch!
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 06:08 AM

Another vote for the Victualienmarkt in Munich (it's the one near the Marienplatz). I love European markets, and this one is at the top of my list. It's open daily except Sunday.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 07:55 AM

The Viktualienmarkt in Munich has no equal in Bavaria.<BR><BR>Two items to keep in mind: (i) Saturday morning draws the most vendors (and, consequently, the largest crowds); and (ii) it's very pricey for produce, cheese, meat, etc., vis-a-vis other shops in Munich. But it's a great place to put together a lunch!
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 10:32 AM

I consider the ViktualienMkt to be not only a &quot;farmer's market&quot; but a destination. I could (and have) spend hours there. You will see produce you have never seen before.<BR><BR>If you are REAL lucky, Spargel season will have started (white asparagus)...Unbelievable!!! What a fun place. <BR><BR>All the sausage/meat shops are on one side of the street. It's a real trip. There is also a very fine biergarten there that is also great fun. Browse around, grab a sandwich or makings, get a beer, find a table......have a blast.<BR><BR>I can't wait to go back. SPARGEL!!!!!<BR><BR>Curious