Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   General Survey - What is the Most Exciting Part of a Trip? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/general-survey-what-is-the-most-exciting-part-of-a-trip-193837/)

Julie Apr 7th, 2002 07:37 PM

General Survey - What is the Most Exciting Part of a Trip?

what is it?<BR>the anticipation?<BR>the planning?<BR>the moment you get your plane ticket?<BR>the plane ride?<BR>the adventure of a foriegn culture???<BR>the unexpected?<BR><BR>WHAT IS IT???

k Apr 7th, 2002 07:38 PM

the planning~<BR>then the being there-<BR>then on plane on the way home, planning the next one:)

tandy Apr 7th, 2002 07:40 PM

the most exciting part of the trip is when the plane starts hurling down the runway

Oh julie Apr 7th, 2002 07:40 PM

Every man knows the most exciting part is right before she screams and digs her fingernails into the skin on your back!<BR>

Great Apr 7th, 2002 07:43 PM

Elderly couple go on a cruise, and the wife says I want to make love tonight just like we did when we were young.<BR><BR>But the seas are rough and the ship is starting to roll.<BR><BR>So the husband goes down to the ship's pharmacy and buys a bottle of seasick pills and a box of condoms.<BR><BR>And the clerk says "If it's that unpleasant, why do you bother?"<BR>

catty Apr 7th, 2002 07:50 PM

honestly you guys, you sound like a bunch of perverted children. shame on you. besides the most exciting part of any trip is when i straddle my big burly man and get my freak on!

tomdickandharry Apr 7th, 2002 08:23 PM

foriegn sex is definately the best part of a trip, whether it is with the current partner, or with a special someone you met during your travels.

topper! Apr 7th, 2002 09:45 PM

ttt

nmm Apr 7th, 2002 10:35 PM

Definately the anticipation. I will be in Ireland counting down the days 24.... I feel like I'll never get there! I'm stuck to this board in the meantime. And then once your plane lands you know you're in for something wonderful.

Suebee Apr 8th, 2002 05:14 AM

Hmm, I disagree with the travel sex being the best, if you're staying in one- and two-star hotels and ferry bunks. Thin lumpy beds with a separation down the middle, scrawny pillows, towels as thin as dishrags, possibly no private bathroom, showers that soak the floor, thin walls, "odd" insect bites and itches, together with jetlag and physical exhaustion from running around all day... get the picture? <BR><BR>Exciting part is the adventures OUTSIDE the hotel room, which rarely include sex!

Oh my Apr 8th, 2002 07:57 AM

It sounds like you have traveled to Europe a lot.<BR><BR>And you've never, or rarely, had sex outside the room?<BR><BR>Shame.<BR>

gh Apr 8th, 2002 02:02 PM

25% --- planning and preparation<BR>50% --- the trip itself<BR>25% --- Reminiscing and sharing the experience through dialogue and pictures.<BR><BR>Now, where's that foreign Babe!!

Guys Apr 8th, 2002 02:48 PM

Least exciting part: raising this love child.<BR><BR>Thanks... for the sperm-ories...<BR>

jb Apr 8th, 2002 02:57 PM

The planning and anticipation of doing what you plan is about 50% of the excitement for me. Then I love to pack, read all my travel documentation, learning a few words or more of whatever language they speak. Buying things for the trip, etc.<BR><BR>The other 50% is actually going on the vacation and being able to share a special memory when you get home.

Suebee Apr 8th, 2002 03:31 PM

Thanks for the chuckle, "oh my". I've only been to Europe once, but maybe I'll have better luck with "Al Fresco" next time!

newguy Apr 10th, 2002 06:24 PM

I would have to say the VERY long walk from the airplane to the baggage check and from the baggage check outside - the anticipation of ACTUALLY arriving in a new destination is agonizing! "The Walk" as I now affectionatly call it seems to take a year...

Kay Apr 10th, 2002 08:30 PM

- Realizing I am finally there. <BR>- Remembering it years later.<BR><BR>

tothetop Apr 11th, 2002 06:22 PM

Inquiring minds want to know...up,up

Memory Apr 13th, 2002 05:30 PM

Can't think.

Sharon Apr 14th, 2002 05:29 AM

Planning is really fun but I think the most exciting time is when we're leaving the airport of the country we have just flown into and driving to the hotel--yes, WE HAVE ARRIVED--we're actually on this vacation! For the caribbean it's that first glimpse of the incredible blue color of the ocean.