Search

Spain cities to visit in Novemer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain cities to visit in Novemer

Hi
We are planning to go to Spain in mid November and I would like to hear your opinion on what cities I should visit. We only have 10 days. We are flying to Madrid, planning day trip to Toledo. Later we are planning to vist Barcelona and from there have a day trip to Zherona and home of Salvadore Dali. What else would you recommend ? Toledo, Seville, Granada - should we visit those cities and stay there or it could be a day trip? Or you may have some other suggestions....
Thank you
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:57 PM

Are you spending three weeks or 10 days? Take a look at the map and see distances and time and how much time you will lose traveling to all those places.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Aduchamp1, I know. We will fly to Barcelona from Madrid. U fortunately , but we want to fit as much as we can into this trip.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:10 PM

I love Spanish cities at night, but not so much in cold weather, so Toledo is OK as a day trip in Nov. It is a great small city to visit from Madrid. Seville really needs a couple of days and nights. You don't have time to go to Granada, Barcelona, Madrid and Seville in 10 days plus day trips. So, logistically, you probably have to choose between the Alhambra in Granada and Gaudi's work in Barcelona on this trip.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Don't know for sure, but by time you go to the airport in Madrid and wait for a flight, it might be just as fast to take the fast train from Madrid to Barc. Check it out.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:03 PM

In the rush to see the cities you might not have time to see the cities.

Check out Vueling airlines for certain trips and the AVE, high speed trains for others.

Good luck.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 03:21 AM

I was in your position a few years ago. I was a first time visitor to Spain with even less time. We went to Madrid and took the train to Barcelona. You could do the same and maybe fit day trips from Madrid to Toledo and or Segovia.

I realized I would have to wait to see more of Spain. Next week I going to Seville, Cordoba and Granada.

Happy planning.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

I understand, that 2 most important cities we have to visit are Madrid and Barcelona. we will take a train to Barcelona.I guess we will have to postpone Granada for the next trip. I just wanted to make sure I am not missing on a lot by not going there...