Gay restaurants in London

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Darren

Gay restaurants in London

Does anyone know of any good and popular gay restaurants in London? Also, where is the gay area/neighborhood in London.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 02:58 AM
MrsWilson

I do know that Soho is a popular gay area in London. However, the gay scene seems to be spread out all over the city rather than just in one place. Do a google search for loads of gay guides to London.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 03:02 AM
gay&lesbian

Darren: Time Out London has a special section "gay/lesbian".
http://www.timeout.com/london/

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Jennifer

I was introduced to Caribbean food at a fabulous place called the Mango Room, 10 Kentish Town Road in Camden Town tel: 7482 5065.

I don't know if it specifically caters to gays, but when I was there, there were many openly gay couples.

The food, however, is to die for! Absolutely wonderful! The next time I'm in London, I have to go there again.

Jennifer

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Jay

The area where you want to be is the West End, particularly Old Compton Street. Balans is open 24-hours-a-day. Steph's is nearby on Dean Street and First Out Café is on St Giles High Street near the Tottenham Court Road Tube.

The Box at Seven Dials and The Edge on Soho Square are other good choices. These are cafes rather than restaurants. They stop serving food in the late afternoon, in time for the evening crowd.