Gatwick to Langham Hotel

Apr 11th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Gatwick to Langham Hotel

If I take the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station, what would be involved in then getting to the Langham Hotel from there? Is there a better/easier to do this than the train? Thank you!
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:58 AM

The Langham is just up the street from Oxford Circus -- maybe 200-300 yards. So if you aren't schlepping a ton of luggage you can easily take the Victoria tube line directly from Victoria to Oxford Circus.

If you have too much luggage - I'd just catch a taxi at Victoria.

The train is really the easiest/best way to get in from LGW. And road trip (car/taxi/bus) will take more than an hour and 90 minutes is probably closer.
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:03 AM

I never understand this, you're staying at an expensive property, but can't afford to take a taxi?

I'd book a car service all the way from Gatwick, it'll take around an hour. Alternatively take the express then a taxi. I'm sure you don't want to cart your luggage around on the tube especially as you're staying at a deluxe property.
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Actually, it does seem strange, doesn't it? What happened is, we are meeting up with a tour company (which is why we are at the Langham - part of package) and were supposed to fly into Heathrow to meet up with the group there. Accidently booked our flight to arrive at Gatwick, and too $$$ to change flight..... I was thinking of looking into car service, but didn't know if traffic would be an issue with a car. Our flight arrives on a Sun morning, shortly before 7. Do you know how much time it takes on the train - it sounds like the car will take up to 90 minutes.
Again, thanks for your help in fixing my mistake!
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:22 AM

Trafficwise it wouldn't be too bad in a car/cab but the Gatwick Express is just as easy, and being so early, you shouldn't have to queue too long to get a cab at Victoria. The train takes just under half an hour and you can then get a cab which will take about 15 minutes (probably around £10) and which will give you a nice view of London on the way to the hotel.

It would be really easy to get the tube from Victoria but it's worth getting your first glimpes of London, particularly when there's little traffic about, from a cab.