Gatwick North Terminal Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2008, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am arriving (August) on British Airways very late from Venice on way home to USA and need recommendation for hotel that is within the NORTH terminal or VERY close for overnight stay to catch flight home in morning.
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:09 AM

We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Horley our last night before our return flight to the US. We were very pleased with the helpful employees at the front desk. The hotel was very clean and tastefully decorated. The rooms were large and very comfortable. It was nice to be able to control the air conditioning directly in our own room. The hotel is a five minute shuttle ride from the airport (the shuttle does cost 2.50 pounds for adults and 1.5 pounds for children). The only thing that I would say was a negative was that the cost of breakfast seemed quite high (we opted to get something to eat at the airport) although I've read reviews talking about how great the food is. All in all, we were very pleased and would definitely go back.
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a Yotel - pod style hotel - inside the south terminal if that's any help. We stayed there last year and it was fine, very convenient. Not much room but we expected that.

www.yotel.com

Kay
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:44 AM

At the north terminal within the building is the Sofitel and at the south there a Hilton. Both are within the respective terminal. So there is no shuttle travel and lugging heavy suitcases about. Also you are in the terminal for the morning flight. The food outlets in both airport is not brilliant but some are ok. Both hotels have restaurants but neither are paticularly cheap. I have stayed at both and find them very convenient .
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:25 AM

North and South Terminals are EVERY close to each other by free shuttle train so don't pick a hotel at NORTH Terminal because you are leaving from NORTH Terminal
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:39 AM

The terminal hotels are great but can be pricey. The covenience can't be beat.

Here is a list of some great B&Bs close to Gatwick. Many offer free shuttle service, but be careful. Some run it anytime, others are limited to day time hours only. The advantage to the B&Bs is that you are near a small town center. Pubs, restaurants are within walking distance.

Last time I stayed at Springwood Guest House and it was fine. For 35BPs I had a nice room ensuite, free internet access, free shuttle and a continental breakfast. About 5 minute walk to the town center where I had a nice, inexpensive meal and couple of beers at a very popular pub.

http://www.gatwick-guesthouses.co.uk/
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:41 PM

We stayed at the North Terminal Sofital the night before a very early morning flight a couple of weeks ago. The room was comfortable and remarkably quiet. We didn;t want to have to dress up and pretend to be sophisticated so we just had room service sandwiches for dinner. In the morning, a bellman went over to the terminal and secured a couple of luggage trolleys for us and would have found porters to help us with our bags if we had so requested. It was less than 200 steps to the elevators to the departure desk. According to my Amex bill, our tab for the hotel and meal was $332.59. Considering prices in London and the exchange rate these days, that wsn't too bad.