Gate 1 or Smartours to Eastern Europe

Dec 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Gate 1 or Smartours to Eastern Europe

Has any been on a Gate 1 or Smartours tour to Eastern Europe? We're planning on going in May.
Dec 7th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Where exactly in Eastern Europe.? Having traveled all of E. Europe for the past twenty years, I highly recommend doing it on your own..forget the tours. Just rent a car and enjoy...no traffic, outstanding scenery everywhere...ridiculously inexpensive..give me an idea of where and I'll write back...
Stu
Dec 8th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

We were planning to go to Prague, Budapest, Vienna and maybe to Warsaw and Krakow. We were planning to go for about 2 weeks but like tours because they take care of your luggage and get you from one city to the next.
Dec 13th, 2005, 09:09 AM

Ritamart, by the same token, with a car, luggage in the trunk, and almost any hotel will have someone take the luggage to your room, and back to the car when you're ready to leave...so that problem is solved. Think it over carefully...independent travel by auto is probably the most popular ways seasoned travelers choose to travel. Independence translates into the ability to stop and go as you please, visiting out of the way gems, little known places of interest to you, changing destinations at will, etc. Not hard to put a value on that. Good luck on whichever way you finally decide to go on your journey. Prague to Budapest to Krakow to Warsaw is pretty direct, excellent roads most of the way, nicely signed, plenty of petrol stations...and without a car, train travel should be comfortable, also. Check www.Eurail.com for fares and scheds between aforementioned cities. Happy travels.
Stu T.