I'm leaning toward renting a car for the Dordogne portion of my trip next June. I've never driven in Europe, but folks here claim the Dordogne is easy driving.
I want to buy a GPS ahead of time to get familiar with it, and also program it with addresses before the trip.
Some here have stated that Tom Tom is more prevalent in Europe and the maps more accurate; others swear by Garmin. Garmin gets much better reviews on Amazon.
What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 2 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 11 Budget trip
- 12 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 13 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 14 Driving
- 15 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 16 Algarve Town Selection
- 17 Tips for first trip to UK
- 18 paris to london- day trip
- 19 Browsing Barcelona
- 20 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 23 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 24 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 25 Portugal