Reload this Page >

Game of Thrones Tour Iceland or find locations without a tour

Old Jan 30th, 2022, 04:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

My wife and I are going to Iceland for a week in September 2022. We are staying in an Airbnb an hour north of Reykjavik. We have a 4x4 rental SUV and plan to explore the North/West and South coasts. Along our travels, we would like to visit Game of Thrones filming locations. Is it fairly easy to find the locations or would we be better off booking a day tour to see the locations?

Thank you,
Kevin
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 05:57 AM
mms

Disclosure, I have never seen the Game of Thrones, but have been Iceland a couple times and we are headed back in a few days. I would absolutely drive myself and just do research on the places to go for GOT. Driving there is very easy, and then you can stop at places unrelated to GOT that look good to you. Take a look at tour companies that have GOT tours, and you can see what the stops are. and then you can do further research on them.
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the response. I like the idea to see where the tours stop and visiting those locations. What are some of your favorite places to visit in Iceland?
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 12:15 PM
mms

Oh my gosh, so many!!! We did the ring road this summer for our second trip there. I couldn't even begin to start listing places and truly everywhere was wonderful! There was not one area that we did not like. Take a look at Iceland With A View. She is an expat who has the best Iceland suggestions and planning. She is on You Tube, and then you can also buy the ring road ebook, which is like $20 and excellent. She also has a planning course for more, and that is very helpful as well. I found those along with the Lonely Planet Ring Road book to be the best resources for planning. We are just about to go back for our 3rd trip!