Search

Galway B&B's

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galway B&B's

This is probably a tall order, but does anyone know of a nice B&B that accepts vouchers and is within walking distance of downtown Galway? There seem to be very few listed for right in the city. Thanks so much.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:26 AM

I don't have personal experience with one, so I can't vouch for 'nice'. But, I'd look at www.ireland.ie and do an accommodations search for Galway City Centre. It will turn up quite a few B&Bs and the voucher status of each will be listed on their page.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 09:33 AM
gbs

I don't know if they accept vouchers, but try the Four Seasons on College road. We had a great experience there and wonderful breakfasts.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:29 PM

Like you, I used a travel agent to make my B&B reservations...everyone of them ended up being "outside" the city center. We were very disappointed! It's my fault. I should have double checked the locations before approving them. Perhaps the establishments located in the cities don't need to depend on the voucher system.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 01:35 AM

Many B&B's do not take vouchers because they are harder to redeem back and it takes ages to get paid. My relative had a B&B and it drove her to madness ad many people would book in and not tell her they were paying by vouchers. She stopped taking them after a while as it was too much hassle and she was turning away cash payiong customers when tshe was full of voucher clients. Always state that you are booking with vouchers. WHats wrong with the city centre B&B's? Look them up and see what they look like ot post the names for us.

Have fun
S