Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   fussen germany weather in june (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/fussen-germany-weather-in-june-933959/)

wafaa May 4th, 2012 07:58 AM

fussen germany weather in june

hi i searched alot through the web to find an answer which i could not find
can you please adviced me of the weather how is it in late june because i want to book a hotel but all the hotels are without a.c and i can't toerate the night heat while sleeping .
that is to say will it be 19 c ? or 24 or what exactly ?

november_moon May 4th, 2012 08:41 AM

"that is to say will it be 19 c ? or 24 or what exactly ?"

There really is no possible way to tell - it's the weather and it does what it wants. And this is mountain weather, which is even more fickle because of the geography. All you can go by is averages. Yahoo weather says the average high is 17°C, so chances are it will be very cool during your visit. However, there could be a heatwave. We were there once in July and temperatures were in the mid-80s.

wafaa May 4th, 2012 09:49 AM

thank you

Pegontheroad May 4th, 2012 10:12 AM

I was on a trip in Germany and Austria in August 2001. My experience was that the temperatures cooled down at night, so we were able to leave windows open, which made out rooms quite comfortable. I used foam ear plugs to block out any noise in the street.

I lived in Germany for 5 years in the 60's and found the temperatures to be quite variable, but I don't think you'll have a problem with its being too hot at night in June.

The first year I was there, we had quite low temperatures all summer. Basically there was only one week that had summer weather.

seafox May 4th, 2012 10:22 AM

One week each year of uncomfortable hot Summer weather in the southern black forest is about right - and that is usually in August. Nights will be cooler and comfortable. I wouldn't worry (and I ADORE air conditioning)

PalenQ May 4th, 2012 11:02 AM

you'll often need more heating than cooling in a hotel in that area - which is also one of the wettest areas in Europe I believe in terms of precipitation.

quokka May 4th, 2012 12:25 PM

Indeed - June is notorious for lots of rain in the Bavarian Alps. You'll rather wish for heating than cooling. This is in the mountains, after all. There is reason why no one there has or wants air condition. The common a/c system is called "windows".
Remember to turn the light off before you open the window.

(seafox, since when has Füssen been in the Southern Black Forest?)

wafaa May 4th, 2012 07:09 PM

Thank you guys so much for the replies , I had never been to Germany but one summer I was in logano switzerland and my god it was so hot that the boys took their shirts off

quokka May 5th, 2012 12:07 AM

The Southern side of the Alps has an entirely different climate.

seafox May 5th, 2012 05:33 PM

quokka - sorry - I meant south of the black forest (a couple of hours south)

quokka May 5th, 2012 11:07 PM

Füssen is a couple of hours East of the Black Forest, not South. Give your map a 90° turn.