Notices

Fun In Sicily ? and/or Sardinia?

Jul 14th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Fun In Sicily ? and/or Sardinia?

My Husband and I are going to celebrate our 30th anniversary and are thinking about Sicily and/or Sardinia. Can you please provide some fun recommendations or concerns? Thanks so much!
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM

Here are 72 reasons for Sicily, especially in May.
http://www.slowphotos.com/photo/show...y.php?cat=3828
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM

Paula - seeing bob's photos was what closed the deal for me on whether or not to see Sicily. We went last June and it was incredible. It was our 3rd trip to Italy and we found it to be VERY different from prior trips. We were only there for 1 week and we look forward to returning.

There are many suggestions for itineraries on this board so you can get a good idea of what you'd like to see and do. One thing for us - we have not been to Greece yet so the Greek ruins were really an incredible part of our trip. Also, my family is from Palermo & Corleone and so there was that connection as well. One of the best things for me was trying a local dish - sfinjione - something my Nana used to make! Lots of friendly people - I'll put a plug in here for Palazzo Giovanni in Acireale. It was our favorite for great hosts & great location.
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM

I think it depends a bit on what you like/want to do. The beaches and coastal scenery on Sardinia are breath-taking. But if the Greek ruins and history sound more interesting to you, then definitely go to Sicily.

Search this Thread