Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Frommer's Italy 2001, and Michelin Green guides for sale at half.com

Jun 11th, 2001, 07:58 AM
bill beer

I am looking at half.com web site, they have Frommer's Italy 2001, Michelin Green Guide for both Rome (ISBN 2061539033) and Tuscany (ISBN 2060000106) for sale at reasonable prices.

Coupled with a $10 coupon available on the web site, these seem like a steal. I am planning a trip to Florence, Rome and Almalfi. Do you think I need all three? Or would the Frommer's guide serve all my needs, covering all of Italy?

Jun 11th, 2001, 08:48 AM
Julius

Bill: Do you think it takes a little bit of chutzpah to ask about buying Froemmers or Michelin travel guides on a website sponsored by Fodors?

Jun 11th, 2001, 08:50 AM
dale

hey. a deal's a deal.

Jun 11th, 2001, 09:47 AM
don'twanttobeslammed

This is one of the very few times I'm not posting under my own name but I don't want to be publicly slammed.

Fodor's has the very best travel forum, bar none. But I happen to think their guidebooks are awful (for my purposes). I'm a budget traveler and all his recommendations are out of my budget. I tend to stick with Frommer's and Lonely Planet.

Just my 2 worth.

Jun 11th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Sherry

To answer your original question. I find that it is more helpful to buy specific guides more than general guides. For example, a guide for Tuscany was much more helpful because I spent my time in Italy in that region. It was more useful than the guide I bought for Italy. But if they are a good deal, it doesn't hurt to have the all inclusive one.

Jun 11th, 2001, 12:18 PM
notforme

I checked the ISBN # for the Tuscany book but it's hardcover...not what I want to cart around Tuscany.