In May, my husband and I will have three nights free in between Lucca and Rome. We'd like to spend these 3 nights based in a Tuscan town to visit Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano, and see a little bit of the beautiful Orcia Valley scenery. We do not plan to rent a car, we'll depend on buses or trains.
Is Siena a logical choice for home base to day-trip to Pienza and Montepulciano? If not, then where should we base ourselves on?
If we have extra time, in additional to Pienza and Montepulciano, which town would you recommend us to visit from our home base by bus?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 European honeymoon help needed
- 4 Portugal
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna