My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 8 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 which language school in Italy?
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Driving
- 13 Dubrovnik
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip