I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WHATS-APP +1(403)814-1154 HIGH QUALITY UNDETECTABLE COUNTERFEIT
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 7 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 8 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 9 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 Current plan for March trip
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 Spain in 2018
- 16 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 22 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?