We are planning a trip to Porto including an excursion to the Douro valley. We will be renting a car and spending one night in a Quinta. Our first stop will be a winery in Mesao Frio about 20km from Peso da Regua. My question is: What is the best route from Porto to the Douro? Google maps all suggest the N15 which seems very far away from the river and probably considerably faster but not picturesque. Am I correct? Is the alternative route N108 impossibly slow and winding? Can anyone suggest a circular route so we don't have to return the same way?
We will be travelling at the end of January out on Friday morning back Saturday lunchtime so presumably traffic should be ok?
Thank you for any suggestions or advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG @ 1800~681~7208 installations & सक्रियण contact AVG tec*h care sbaba!
- 2 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 3 Netherlands- Texel
- 4 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 5 Keukenhaf
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 8 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 9 9 day trip to France
- 10 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 11 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Once upon a time in Italy
- 15 2 week May trip with kids
- 16 Which Aran Island??
- 17 Sleep at Heathrow
- 18 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 19 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 20 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 21 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 22 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 23 Rail vs. Plane
- 24 Arezzo - how much time?
- 25 European Christmas Markets Itinerary