Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   From Paris with Looove and Happy ! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/from-paris-with-looove-and-happy-422663/)

Ziana Apr 15th, 2004 10:38 AM

From Paris with Looove and Happy !

My 3 lady friends (age 40-50) are coming back tonight after week in Paris.
They lived on Monmartre in Bellevue (clean, nice hotel).
So, I can't wait to hear from them and I am trully hoping they will have a great stories to tell like one they already told me about "being out in the morning was easy, but on their way back they got lost 5 times and cleaning people of Monmartre helped them find hotel. So every other time they knew who my girls were and where they lived so they were helping again". They sounded so happy and asked me to plan their next trip to Italy. I said I will charge...

Can't wait to share pictures and chat.
We are having a smash Bash on Saturday.
You'll hear about it.

Budman Apr 15th, 2004 10:46 AM

I just can't wait. ((a)) ((b))

minimn Apr 15th, 2004 10:48 AM

Ziana,
Have a smash for me on Saturday! You may not care much for Paris but you have the "joie de vive"!! I'm sure your friends will have many great stories because sometimes it's not the place you are visiting but the company you are with. Can't wait to hear about their trip.
Peg

coccinelle Apr 15th, 2004 10:48 AM

She drives you to drink?

Ziana Apr 16th, 2004 03:30 AM

They were suppose to be picked up at JFK yesterday around 7pm, but DH(not) who was suppose to do pick up went to PHL instead...
Knowing him I think he did it on purpose just to make them wait.
Do you think it is possible to payback to your wife for going Europe without you by making her wait for hours to get home after 10hr flight?

Ziana Apr 19th, 2004 04:50 AM

We got togeather on Friday and Saturday to view our videos and to talk.
We had 2 NYourkers, 3 of my girls mentioned above and couple who visited Paris 2 years ago. 9 people who'd been there.
Hard to believe my friends video were totally different from ours, even places like Louvre were different. They were making their tapes from 2 floor of L'Open tour bus. Monmartre looked also not like ours, not better not worse, just different, and couple who've been there 2 years ago - they said they haven't seen anything we had taped.
Our NY couple were too preoccupied with what they bought for their new born grandson. And Maxim's restaurant.

We had such a great two days togeather at my house and then friend's house and I began to think we haven't done so badly after all. Not that anyone of us planning to come back, still memory planted in us forever, I guess.

What was controversial is - we asked each other "what kind of wine we don't have here in US? or what kind of cheese? We also have LeBek Finn !!! How great is that?"
You got my point???

francophile03 Apr 19th, 2004 05:48 AM

It appears that you had a fun get-together with your friends. Sorry, but I really don't get your thoughts.

ira Apr 19th, 2004 06:03 AM

Dear Ziana,

The French make about 450 kinds of cheese, most of which you can't get in the US.

The number of wines is even greater.

Enjoy staying at home. Don't go back to France.

I look forward to your next report on Germany.

Ziana Apr 19th, 2004 06:11 AM

I've heard that all French wines made from California grapes (kill me for it)

And who ever will taste and REMEMBER eating 450 cheeses?

Joelle Apr 19th, 2004 06:12 AM

Being French, I do enjoy the 450 + cheese types, as well as the infinite number of wines... LOL

SuzieC Apr 19th, 2004 06:54 AM

Early in the 1900 a blight took the french vine/root stock. Since a great deal of the french root stock was taken years before to California, some of the californian's simply returned the favor and replaced the vines.
So, it was always French to begin with.

SoBeTraveller Apr 19th, 2004 06:58 AM

Oh, please, don't explain anything ... lol, she still loves Le Bec Fin!!

Ziana Apr 19th, 2004 07:11 AM

Why not to explain? I loved explanation.
Thanks so much.
Le Bek Finn doesn't care if someone dislikes it, it's never lower the prices has it?

SoBeTraveller Apr 19th, 2004 07:33 AM

Z, it was terrific to dine at Bec Fin in the mid-70s, but times have changed in Philly, and the old guard has passed along. Suggest, if you haven't, invest in The Frog/Commissary cookbook, if you desire some nostalgic meals. Bon appetit!

Ziana Apr 19th, 2004 07:36 AM

Good old days...
I can't wait to live long enough to be able to judge nowadays:)

CafeBatavia Apr 19th, 2004 07:43 AM

Is this just a silly troll or somebody with serious mental or emotional problems? This "acting out" is getting boring.

Quick poll: Does she need more attention to enhance a low self image or just a swift kick in her fat butt?

SoBeTraveller Apr 19th, 2004 07:45 AM

ah, zeee, you say a monthful. hopping having good day there like here, enjoy for life is always not just bananas, but peels for the slip slide. braking for lunch.